uokr server progress?

Diskussion und Informationen über UO:KR
Nachricht
Autor
nazghul

#16 Beitrag von nazghul » 31 Jan 2008 20:26

Objection, Sience.

The GPL forces you to publish the source of your changes IF YOU PUBLISH THE COMPILED BINARY.

If you keep the binary for yourself the license does not ask you for anything. No matter what version of the GPL. So, in theory (and not regarding other legal complications) I could use the RunUO src, change it, and even run a commercial server with it what brings me thousands of $$$ every day, and no one has the right to get even a glimpse on my code.

SiENcE

#17 Beitrag von SiENcE » 01 Feb 2008 15:48

Ok this is true.

But if i use oss ... i should give my changed code back to community. Thats my moral philosophy.

Link_of_Hyrule

#18 Beitrag von Link_of_Hyrule » 03 Feb 2008 01:25

Yeh wyatt use to release his code until ryan and those italians pissed him off then he didnt release it if ryan would have just let wyatt help in the first place then i really think runuo would have been a lot better but thats just me

but yeh that new project does it need mono to use or can i just run it useing .net out of the box

also how much of kr is actually supported with it?

Solar

#19 Beitrag von Solar » 03 Feb 2008 11:15

Link_of_Hyrule hat geschrieben:
also how much of kr is actually supported with it?
Yes, this question also interests me...

nazghul

#20 Beitrag von nazghul » 03 Feb 2008 12:24

well, regarding Sphere: Some animations (for example flamestrike) do not show up; someone has to sniff the packets sent by the server to find out what anim id it has to send for the client to display them (others like fireball work perfectly). AND this dreaded quickbar (bottom left) has not been touched right now.

If someone happens to have decent information about it would be nice to publish it.

Everything else should work. Even if THIS is not an official statement from Sphere devs or Menasoft, of course :) (and valid only for alpha versions)

Link_of_Hyrule

#21 Beitrag von Link_of_Hyrule » 03 Feb 2008 13:32

i found this it looks interesting but i cant read the text lol

http://www.runuoforge.org/gf/project/uokr/

Solar

#22 Beitrag von Solar » 03 Feb 2008 15:48

Link_of_Hyrule hat geschrieben:i found this it looks interesting but i cant read the text lol

http://www.runuoforge.org/gf/project/uokr/
It's a "Basic KR support" :)

Link_of_Hyrule

#23 Beitrag von Link_of_Hyrule » 03 Feb 2008 22:09

yeh im going to see if it works though if it does maybe i can get some other stuff working on it idk Edit: well the uokr thing was mostly worthless to me but the other project is actually very good and is very simple to run in windows right now ive been talking to the guy thats doing it and im hoping to help him get some stuff done in kr

edit: for spellbooks to display content add this to spellbook.cs

Code: Alles auswählen

public Spellbook( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

private static readonly ClientVersion Version_400a = new ClientVersion( "4.0.0a" );

public void DisplayTo( Mobile to )
		{
			// The client must know about the spellbook or it will crash!

if ( Parent == null )
			{
				to.Send( this.WorldPacket );
			}
			else if ( Parent is Item )
			{
				// What will happen if the client doesn't know about our parent?
				to.Send( new ContainerContentUpdate( this ) );
			}
			else if ( Parent is Mobile )
			{
				// What will happen if the client doesn't know about our parent?
				to.Send( new EquipUpdate( this ) );
			}

to.Send( new DisplaySpellbook( this ) );

if ( Core.AOS && to.NetState != null && to.NetState.Version != null && to.NetState.Version >= Version_400a )
				to.Send( new NewSpellbookContent( this, ItemID, BookOffset + 1, m_Content ) );
			else if ( to.NetState != null && to.NetState.IsKRClient )
				to.Send( new NewSpellbookContent( this, ItemID, BookOffset + 1, m_Content ) );
			else
				to.Send( new SpellbookContent( m_Count, BookOffset + 1, m_Content, this ) );
		} 
Does anyone know where is tells the client what content to display in the backpack because it seems to have the same problem of not showing the content in the kr client but it shows int the 2d client

Antworten