uokr server progress?

Diskussion und Informationen über UO:KR
Nachricht
Autor
Link_of_Hyrule

uokr server progress?

#1 Beitrag von Link_of_Hyrule » 26 Jan 2008 22:00

I haven't been doing anything with uo for a while now and im wondering if anyone other then wyatt has made any progress to a server with uokr support and released it to the public

any responses would be appreciated thanks!

Solar

#2 Beitrag von Solar » 27 Jan 2008 16:06

Every day I'm looking if someone has released runuo with kr support to the public, but there is no result. The number of shards with kr support is growing,

Hope someone will release it soon...

nazghul

#3 Beitrag von nazghul » 27 Jan 2008 16:54

IMO it's not a big deal to make RUO KR-aware. Wyatt gave a brief description what has to be done, so even I (as a real bad C# programmer) was able to do it. It's just some work to implement/change all the gump dialog stuff - nothing for lazy people :).
Nevertheless I doubt that someone who did it for his shard will publish the changes, as most of these people have heavily altered installations, so their files will give you nothing (and they will not publish their whole shard for good reason). So you have to wait until someone alteres a "vanilla server" - but, at the other hand: WHO should do this work, and WHY? Imagine what would happen: Every idiot would run it, and if there are occuring problems (what WILL happen) he would overburden the author with help demands; I have the greatest respect for Ryan and the other "core supporters" of the project who face this on a daily base (that's one of the reasons why Sphere is not open source - it's much easyer to tell someone "screw yew!" :) ), but obviously there are not so many outside of this team who feel fit for "welfare actions" :)

Just my opinion, of course. YMMV :)

Solar

#4 Beitrag von Solar » 27 Jan 2008 18:44

It's not so easy as you say... Except C# scripting experience to make KR support, you also need skills in packet programming and etc.

rames

#5 Beitrag von rames » 29 Jan 2008 01:21

Hi
My project - along with a friend - is based on the latest revision of RunUO 2.0 and partial support for UO: KR based on the changes that have been proposed in this forum and elsewhere. Some changes were made by me, based on the analysis of packets.

The project also has a long list of other changes such as:
- Heavy use of the database (Mysql) - avoiding changes in attributes of the native code;
- Support Mono;

Finally, those who want to download, have more details or assist in the development and support for UO: KR as well as other information just visit the url of the project:
Http://code.google.com/p/genovaproject/

The project and the server - himself - is supported by the community Mono-Brazil. The server of the project runs on Linux and using Mono (Latest Version).

Anyone who wants to add me on MSN for supporting the project or talk about, be avontade.

Excuse the English, was using translator. :)

Bye.

SiENcE

#6 Beitrag von SiENcE » 29 Jan 2008 13:30

Nice Ideas. You should really take a look into the changes from SunUO too. They have nice ideas as overlaying and seperate modules.
They also have options in thier config rather than hardcoded stuff.

I take a look into your code.

keep on.

rames

#7 Beitrag von rames » 29 Jan 2008 13:58

Yes yes ... I am for taking a look at the code SunUO to adapt some interesting things too, because previously used SunUO.
There are still many things to be done and adapted in the project, since we also need to meet the needs of our community. But the greatest interest is sharing the code and if possible attract people interested in cooperating in development. Clearly, excerpts of which have already been made by us, some accuracy of refactory, for example.
Another thing that we are trying to maintain is the minimum change in the code standard to facilitate merges with future versions of RunUO for example. All excerpts of the code follows with a modified standard comment:
/ / Genova:
To identify them, but these are minimal.

Finally, I am available. Soon the shard maintains that this project will be online - are depending on the installation of the latest version of mono in the server's partner that should occur this week.

Do!

rames

#8 Beitrag von rames » 30 Jan 2008 02:45

A friend of the forum here asked me to provide a brief tutorial to run the project. If someone is with more questions, share with you. Nor will I acrescenter it on the site of the project.

1. Get more mono updated on your machine (1.2.6). I suggest the folder: C:\Program Files\Mono
2. Get Mysql on your machine (5.0 +, I use 5.0). Once you install the tables you need to download the file: "scripts MYSQL.txt" The service needs of its Mysql runs when running the server.
3. Edit the file: "compilar projeto windows.bat" Set based on the folders in your computer. This. Bat used to compile the project and generate the. Exe.
4. Edit the file: "rodar servidor com mono.bat" Set based on the folders in your computer. This. Bat serves to raise the server.
5. Go folder ".\Server\_GeNova_\Controladores", and open the file: "ControladorConexaoMysql.cs." In this file you edit the settings of Mysql according to your machine.

PS1: This explanation is based on mono, running via windows.
PS2: other configuration files you will see the site of the project, there at the end.

Do!

nazghul

#9 Beitrag von nazghul » 30 Jan 2008 09:57

wtf someone should run Mono on Windows where .NET is native?

rames

#10 Beitrag von rames » 30 Jan 2008 12:02

nazghul hat geschrieben:wtf someone should run Mono on Windows where .NET is native?
Our server runs on Linux using Mono. Used mono with windows to allow development and testing in another operating system - for example, what you have at home. Either way, you can run the application using. NET, compiling the core with the VS for example in running the executable with two clicks. :)
Zuletzt geändert von rames am 30 Jan 2008 18:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

nazghul

#11 Beitrag von nazghul » 30 Jan 2008 17:44

I just guess that most doubleclick-kewl-admins will not manage to install Mono on windows at all :). And wanted to know if you kept/created compatibility. If so, good work.

rames

#12 Beitrag von rames » 30 Jan 2008 18:32

Hm... It is consistent with the Mono and. NET.
Details on the project page. :)

SiENcE

#13 Beitrag von SiENcE » 30 Jan 2008 21:32

Mono works fine under WinXP. Sometimes more fine than ms .net.

GPrime

Re: uokr server progress?

#14 Beitrag von GPrime » 31 Jan 2008 16:22

[quote="Link_of_Hyrule"]I haven't been doing anything with uo for a while now and im wondering if anyone other then wyatt has made any progress to a server with uokr support and released it to the public

any responses would be appreciated thanks![/quote]

Wyatt has "apparently" already created his own UOKR server that does not use RunUO source code. He will never be releasing it to the public.

SiENcE

#15 Beitrag von SiENcE » 31 Jan 2008 17:11

He wrote a whole new server-emu ... lol. I don't think so ;-), and if he only modified RunUO he has to release it, regardless if he want or not! RunUO is GPL and he has todo so.

But i don't think anyone wants a uo:kr server. uo:kr is :-/

Antworten